Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Summer BOC Observations (Read 5050 times)
The EZ1
Forum Administrator

Summer BOC Observations
Aug 26th, 2015 at 2:22pm
Print Post  
The game is SOOO much different without the Lounge. Sorry it took me all summer. It's been a crazy one for me.

I'm dying for Sol to get on here so he can tell us why he didn't win. I can see that he has funds left over and any random cheap movie would have likely got him the win. He couldn't afford UNCLE, but he must have known that going into the second to last weekend.

It looks as if The Gift was a pretty pivotal movie.

The Man Behind the Curtain
theBigE

Re: Summer BOC Observations
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2015 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
"Spy" was a let down for me, and I should have kept "Inside Out." 

My kids saw IO the Thursday night before it opened, they weren't very impressed, and the crowds were rather small at the local theater that night, so I sold it at the last minute. 

I'll finish just outside the top 10.  I'm real curious what the winners kept compared to me.  It must have been my horrible showdown record and my terrible spec numbers.   Undecided

marley209

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #2 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
I hardly played the summer game because there was no lounge. I kept missing deadlines and just didn't do well at keeping track of what was going on. Glad the lounge is back!

Mark

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #3 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 4:37am
Print Post  
Good to have the lounge back 😄 - my spec was terrible, and what I did have was invested poorly 😝, but as always, still had fun! 😄

SolC9

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #4 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 6:13am
Print Post  
The EZ1 wrote on Aug 26th, 2015 at 2:22pm:
The game is SOOO much different without the Lounge. Sorry it took me all summer. It's been a crazy one for me.

I'm dying for Sol to get on here so he can tell us why he didn't win. I can see that he has funds left over and any random cheap movie would have likely got him the win. He couldn't afford UNCLE, but he must have known that going into the second to last weekend.

It looks as if The Gift was a pretty pivotal movie.

I am SHOCKED that I'm finishing 2nd.  I might have played half the showdowns, and only played the market about once a week, sometimes forgetting to sell off.  With my job change, my hours changed, and being gone 8am to 10 pm monday through Friday doesn't allow a lot of time for a game like this.  I probably put in 1/10th or the time I put in last summer.  I didn't manage my funds well the second half of the summer which is why I left 13.5m unspent. 

The EZ1
Forum Administrator

Reply #5 - Sep 2nd, 2015 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I am SHOCKED that I'm finishing 2nd.  I might have played half the showdowns, and only played the market about once a week, sometimes forgetting to sell off.  With my job change, my hours changed, and being gone 8am to 10 pm monday through Friday doesn't allow a lot of time for a game like this.  I probably put in 1/10th or the time I put in last summer.  I didn't manage my funds well the second half of the summer which is why I left 13.5m unspent. 

Now you are just rubbing it in. You were the Showdown champion + the Spec Worth Champion this summer.

neil_spurn

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #6 - Sep 22nd, 2015 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Hey all!

Just happened to check in today and am thrilled the boards are back!  This summer ended up being very busy, and I will admit that without the community here to sound off with, I did not really participate... for the first time since 1999!

Anyway, great to back and looking forward to a winter game!

-Neil

silverflicks

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #7 - Oct 20th, 2015 at 9:21am
Print Post  
Just out of curiosity, am I the highest among non US residents?

The EZ1
Forum Administrator

Reply #8 - Oct 20th, 2015 at 9:38am
Print Post  
silverflicks wrote on Oct 20th, 2015 at 9:21am:
Just out of curiosity, am I the highest among non US residents?

I think #4 gogreen is from Central America.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint