Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Price Changes (Read 15152 times)
Fulleyes

EZ1 Productions Fan

Re: Price Changes
Reply #30 - Aug 8th, 2016 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Lol, I guess ownership explains why SAUSAGE PARTY keeps approaching 20M (!), but there's a difference between people thinking a film looks funny and them actually going to see it. As we've discussed here, no R-rated animated film has ever even come close to a 20M opening. Also, there will be *zero* conversion audience here that's persuaded by reviews or WOM. It will drop at least 60% in its second weekend, probably closer to 70%. It's going to need at least a 25M opening to have a 2.0 ROFP...and there's just no way in hell it can open that high.

Also - and maybe I'm alone here - PETE'S DRAGON is poised to be a mini-breakout hit, so I'm also confused why people aren't buying it. Very good reviews, a CGI dragon at its core, Disney's marketing machine...it looks like the PERFECT 4-quadrant hit, with grandparents certainly aiming to get in on this one. I'll be surprised if it dips below a 40M opening and doesn't have solid legs through Labor Day.

Dunno...I'm just on a completely different page right now than most of the prognosticators and players; WAR DOGS will be lucky to get out of the single digits (who is the audience for this violent comedy about gun running?), KUBO is niche stuff, and BEN-HUR, god bless it, is going to be playing to many an empty auditorium.

The only movie that should be going up is DRAGON. Everything else should be on red alert! (okay, FLORENCE is priced right).

Keith

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #31 - Aug 8th, 2016 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Heh, big swings in August are the worst. There aren't a lot of funds left, and a decent percentage of that (esp if you won) is tied up in showdowns for 2 of the 3 weekly changes.

I feel this is more obvious in the Summer game as August tends to be lower priced so a 6m difference is more acutely felt. In the winter game the end game tends to be huge (2 holiday weekend, big releases) so I feel like more funds are available so the lack is minimized.

That said, Eddie, would you be interested in trying out a Monday showdown award for the winter game? I'd be ok with implementing once final numbers are released.

theBigE

Reply #32 - Aug 10th, 2016 at 9:45pm
Print Post  
I think The BFG after effects are hurting Pete's Dragon.

The EZ1
Forum Administrator

Reply #33 - Aug 15th, 2016 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
Keith wrote on Aug 8th, 2016 at 11:49am:
That said, Eddie, would you be interested in trying out a Monday showdown award for the winter game? I'd be ok with implementing once final numbers are released.

The rules were set up like that on purpose. I can't recall if that's because that's how Showbiz did it, or if it's because actuals are never reported at the same time. Since this is a global game, not having a set time for posting grosses would affect some people's ability to use those winnings for even more spec worth. Even if there was a set time on Monday, it would be difficult for the administrator to always post it at the same time and I'm not a fan of giving people less than a day to play those extra funds.

The Man Behind the Curtain
Keith

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #34 - Aug 16th, 2016 at 9:20am
Print Post  
The EZ1 wrote on Aug 15th, 2016 at 11:36pm:
Keith wrote on Aug 8th, 2016 at 11:49am:

The rules were set up like that on purpose. I can't recall if that's because that's how Showbiz did it, or if it's because actuals are never reported at the same time. Since this is a global game, not having a set time for posting grosses would affect some people's ability to use those winnings for even more spec worth. Even if there was a set time on Monday, it would be difficult for the administrator to always post it at the same time and I'm not a fan of giving people less than a day to play those extra funds.

ahh, yeah that makes sense.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint