Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic The big three (Read 4116 times)
dna507

EZ1 Productions Fan

The big three
Oct 18th, 2016 at 5:02am
Print Post  
Seems to me there are three clear standout titles that I would bet cash money will be in the winning portfolio.

I won't say which three, I'll let people guess, but they are....

-The obvious Blockbuster choice
-The one that will have a certain market all to itself during the holidays
-The one where I legit did a spit take onto my tablet when I saw the price.

machoasasquatcho

EZ1 Productions Fan

Re: The big three
Reply #1 - Oct 18th, 2016 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
I think you will live or die based on being on the correct side of the Rogue One choice. To buy or not to buy? I am leaning towards buy. Even if it is not as strong as Force Awakens, I think it can still pull a 2.3x

dna507

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 3:40am
Print Post  
From the looks of the marketplace, somebody figured out which one made me spit take.

Yeah, I couldn't believe how low Passengers was.

I think it serves as the ultimate test for moviegoers, if Passenges does poorly, nobody ever gets to complain about remakes and sequels again, since the market will have spoken.

Keith

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #3 - Nov 18th, 2016 at 9:58am
Print Post  
dna507 wrote on Nov 18th, 2016 at 3:40am:
From the looks of the marketplace, somebody figured out which one made me spit take.

Yeah, I couldn't believe how low Passengers was.

I think it serves as the ultimate test for moviegoers, if Passenges does poorly, nobody ever gets to complain about remakes and sequels again, since the market will have spoken.

Heh, honestly, outside the stars, thought that first trailer was seriously bad. But the ownership and early predictions are sky high. Still think three space flicks (plus another sci-fi flick) in 2 weeks is a tough sell but it seems obvious which two may take the brunt of that.

machoasasquatcho

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #4 - Dec 16th, 2016 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
machoasasquatcho wrote on Oct 18th, 2016 at 12:37pm:
I think you will live or die based on being on the correct side of the Rogue One choice. To buy or not to buy? I am leaning towards buy. Even if it is not as strong as Force Awakens, I think it can still pull a 2.3x

based on the Thursday night take... it looks like the correct decision was to buy.

magicdreamer

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #5 - Dec 17th, 2016 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
Keith wrote on Nov 18th, 2016 at 9:58am:
Heh, honestly, outside the stars, thought that first trailer was seriously bad. But the ownership and early predictions are sky high. Still think three space flicks (plus another sci-fi flick) in 2 weeks is a tough sell but it seems obvious which two may take the brunt of that.

Apparently the early reviews of the movie agree with your impression of the first trailer.

Keith

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #6 - Dec 19th, 2016 at 12:08am
Print Post  
magicdreamer wrote on Dec 17th, 2016 at 4:43pm:
Keith wrote on Nov 18th, 2016 at 9:58am:

Apparently the early reviews of the movie agree with your impression of the first trailer.

Ouch, pretty scathing reviews.

dna507

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #7 - Jan 1st, 2017 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Well, turns out the three movies I had my eye on ended up being three of the most owned movies in the game.

Frankly surprised Why Him wasn't higher, to be honest.

And it looks like the real Blockbuster swing will come from Sing.

Just didn't have faith in it, didn't seem like a story kids would be too interested in.

Ah well, on to the next game.

magicdreamer

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #8 - Jan 3rd, 2017 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
machoasasquatcho wrote on Dec 16th, 2016 at 12:32pm:
machoasasquatcho wrote on Oct 18th, 2016 at 12:37pm:

based on the Thursday night take... it looks like the correct decision was to buy.

Force Awakens won't decide the game.  It looks like it will end up between 1.8 and 1.9, in line with all the other B's in the game except for Sing.  Normally having that much money tied up in a B with that ROFP would hurt you.  Except this game has had a lot of movies with a ROFP under 2 so it won't hurt your portfolio like it would have otherwise.

Sing will most likely end up with an ROFP above 3 and will be a difference maker in the game.  I would guess that the top 3 studios most likely will have Sing in their final portfolio.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint