Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic La La Land Mislabelled as (C) rather than (L) (Read 1430 times)
FilmGamer

EZ1 Productions Fan

La La Land Mislabelled as (C) rather than (L)
Dec 14th, 2016 at 3:02am
Print Post  
Why was La La Land declared and not switched as a limited? Will this be corrected? When you get one of the top 10 PTA's of all time and its not properly accounted for it seems like a misstep. Otherwise I'd happily have seen it already.

If I'm wrong on the rules or I missed an exception someone please let me know. But it was my understand when a film debuts in less than 100 theatres barring some multiplication it stands as a limited release. Lemme know.

Keith

EZ1 Productions Fan

Re: La La Land Mislabelled as (C) rather than (L)
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2016 at 9:11am
Print Post  
FilmGamer wrote on Dec 14th, 2016 at 3:02am:
Why was La La Land declared and not switched as a limited? Will this be corrected? When you get one of the top 10 PTA's of all time and its not properly accounted for it seems like a misstep. Otherwise I'd happily have seen it already.

If I'm wrong on the rules or I missed an exception someone please let me know. But it was my understand when a film debuts in less than 100 theatres barring some multiplication it stands as a limited release. Lemme know.

Hey FilmGamer, there was indeed a bit of discussion around this one - it ultimately came down to an issue of the rules not allowing a category change within 10 days of release. Notices were posted at the top of the marketplace and additional discussion happened here on the board: http://ez1productions.com/lounge/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1476997328/14#14

Sorry about that - it obviously would've been a hell of an L!

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint