Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Final Standings (Read 3475 times)
The EZ1
Forum Administrator

Final Standings
Jan 11th, 2018 at 11:20am
Print Post  
1 - A Little Christmas Magic (magicdreamer): $1009.26 million
2 - Davix (Dirk Diggler): $988.01 million
3 - Gossipy Small Town Whores (NBP): $980.6 million

Speculation Worth Champion: #5 Top of the Mountain Studios (SolC9): 400.00 million
Showdown Champion: #61 Samriddhi (3d Paradigm): 18 million
ROFP Champion (top 50 only): #13 Burnitdown (Burnitdown): 2.71

*Spec Worth and Showdown are a little skewed due to having the "for fun" Showdowns at the end of the game. For instance, I gained 6 million in both by wining those last two Showdowns. Some people may not have had leftover funds to participate.

The Man Behind the Curtain
The EZ1
Forum Administrator

Re: Final Standings
Reply #1 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Sol was the top studio that went with Star Wars instead of two of the cheaper Blockbusters, which ultimately is what cost him the game this year.

The one time I beat him, I still can't finish in the winner's circle. I feel like I've placed 4th more than anyone.

SolC9

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
The EZ1 wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 11:50am:
Sol was the top studio that went with Star Wars instead of two of the cheaper Blockbusters, which ultimately is what cost him the game this year.

The one time I beat him, I still can't finish in the winner's circle. I feel like I've placed 4th more than anyone.

I didn't think I played a very good game this time, and was surprised I went as high as I did after the holidays.  I don't think anyone expected Star Wars to drop as hard as it did.  Even if I still kept Star Wars, I easily could have finished second by keeping Molly's Game over Downsizing or Father Figures.  The only way I could have won though is by keeping Thor and Coco and thus being able to afford Daddy's Home 2 and Murder on the Orient Express, of which I kept neither in the actual game. 

magicdreamer

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2018 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
I know, I did not have any extra funds for the extra showdowns having used all but $0.5M on my portfolio.  And I needed every penny of it.

I made a couple of mistakes in the game which caused me to change my strategy in the middle of the game.  My original thought process would have netted me more in gross but it ended up not costing me.

Star Wars fell harder than I thought it would but it did open higher than I thought too.  I was looking at an opening about $200M or a little less.  Then assuming drops of Force Awakens, the resulting ROI at it's opening price wasn't appealing.  And when the decision had to be made on the other B's, I thought Keith would increase the final price of Star Wars higher then what it ended up being.  All those factors was why I decided not to own it.

But, prior to it's opening, I would never have envisioned a 55% drop for the Christmas 4 day from it's opening weekend.  In hindsight, the drop is not surprising considering that Rian Johnson vision turned off a lot of fan boys who probably kept a lot of money in their pocket but only seeing it a handful of times instead of 20+.  I know I usually see a Star Wars movie a few times in the theaters but I only saw Last Jedi once.  No urge to see it again.  But there was no way to know that before the movie opened.

At least owning Star Wars was not a killer in the game. And as Sol points out, having the right titles with it gets you in the top 3.  Justice League takes that honor.  Anyone owning Justice League was out of the game after it's opening weekend.

jcrutc1

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2018 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
This was my first game playing since shortly after the Mr. Showbiz years and I really can't complain about my 7th place finish. 2017 was a shit year for me personally, and this game really provided a nice distraction for the last few months.

I killed it in the showdowns (guess this means I should play the movieline game), did alright in spec, and and my only big mistakes were going with Call Me By Your Name and Phantom Thread over the two better Ls.

Looking forward to Summer!

The EZ1
Forum Administrator

Reply #5 - Jan 13th, 2018 at 11:49am
Print Post  
Welcome back.

Keith

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #6 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Oh, and a little reminder for everyone else to try a little harder next winter  Wink

The EZ1 wrote on Jan 11th, 2018 at 11:20am:
1 - A Little Christmas Magic (magicdreamer): $1009.26 million
2 - Davix (Dirk Diggler): $988.01 million
3 - Gossipy Small Town Whores (NBP): $980.6 million

The EZ1 wrote on Jan 12th, 2017 at 11:26am:
1      Magic Around the Christmas Tree (magicdreamer): $856.03 million
2      You gotta cover the mascot! (NBP): $816.17 million
3      Davix (Dirk Diggler): $815.01 million

The EZ1
Forum Administrator

Reply #7 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 3:01pm
Print Post  
Nice. I didn't realize that when I posted it.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint