Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Summer Box Office Challenge is Finally Here (Read 12376 times)
machoasasquatcho

EZ1 Productions Fan

Re: The Summer Box Office Challenge is Finally Here
Reply #15 - Jun 4th, 2018 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
Well, Action Point just knocked me out of the game. I thought it might do on par with a Jackass movie, plus I really enjoyed the documentary that inspired it. Oh well.

The EZ1
Forum Administrator

Reply #16 - Jun 5th, 2018 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
machoasasquatcho wrote on Jun 4th, 2018 at 2:43pm:
Well, Action Point just knocked me out of the game. I thought it might do on par with a Jackass movie, plus I really enjoyed the documentary that inspired it. Oh well.

I think we just saw the end of Johnny Knoxville's career.

The Man Behind the Curtain
SolC9

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #17 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 11:07am
Print Post  
Showdown is a nail-biter this weekend.  With WOM/cinemascore, I wouldn't be surprised if Ocean's pulled it out over Heredity (D+ cinemascore, ouch), even though Heredity has the advantage with estimates.

burnitdown

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #18 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Anyone else terrible at speculation haha? I've only made 10m so far, I need me some clues!

Keith

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #19 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
haha!

SolC9

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #20 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
Wow, I am in the vast minority on Teen Titans.  Almost everyone bet on it for the showdown to beat Equalizer by at least 1M, and well over 40% kept it and I didn't.  I'm thinking a 10-15M opening.  It did do 1M in previews, but it's summer, previews started at 4pm, and it's comic based.  All that leads me to think that the multiplier from the preview number won't be as big as a normal animated movie.  If I'm right, I just got a leg up on the competition, especially if there's a gem or two left that can't be afforded by someone else because they bought Teens.  If I'm wrong, it's my first major mistake of the game and likely puts me out of the running for a top 3 spot. 

Of course I kept Mission.  Reviews and early WOM are amazing and even if it's opening doesn't WOW, it should hold up well for the genre in the coming weeks.

theBigE

Reply #21 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
SolC9 wrote on Jul 27th, 2018 at 12:12pm:
Wow, I am in the vast minority on Teen Titans.  Almost everyone bet on it for the showdown to beat Equalizer by at least 1M, and well over 40% kept it and I didn't.  I'm thinking a 10-15M opening.  It did do 1M in previews, but it's summer, previews started at 4pm, and it's comic based.  All that leads me to think that the multiplier from the preview number won't be as big as a normal animated movie.  If I'm right, I just got a leg up on the competition, especially if there's a gem or two left that can't be afforded by someone else because they bought Teens.  If I'm wrong, it's my first major mistake of the game and likely puts me out of the running for a top 3 spot. 

Of course I kept Mission.  Reviews and early WOM are amazing and even if it's opening doesn't WOW, it should hold up well for the genre in the coming weeks. 

Early early numbers say Teen Titans will do $15M+ this weekend, EQ2 getting $13M, with MI:Fallout getting $60M. 

I screwed up taking Ant-Man. 

theBigE

Reply #22 - Jul 28th, 2018 at 8:58am
Print Post  
And now Teen Titans down to $10M.  Thanks a lot, box office preview sites!

SolC9

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #23 - Jul 28th, 2018 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Teen Titans was very preview heavy it seems.  Might not make much more than 11M.  EQ2 was hit hard by MI6, but should still make 13M or so.  Too early to call, but early numbers now favor EQ2 in the showdown.

Keith

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #24 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 10:46am
Print Post  
"Last chance...a leading candidate for the Academy's New Popular Film Award?"

ha!

SolC9

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #25 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
I was left with a sucky decision to make.  I really wanted to keep Crazy next week, but that would have left me only Alpha.  Given the strong previews, I kept MEG, and sqeaked out a movie I didn't want to keep, Slender Man.  Now my game is over, and I'm really hoping Crazy is overhyped and Meg not too front loaded.

burnitdown

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #26 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
So, I will have made 7m in speculation and 33m from showdowns haha Terrible at specs

I think keeping Ant-man over Mamma Mia/Equalizer was the changing point. I thought Ant-man was the safer option

Back to back for Top of the Mountain?

burnitdown

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #27 - Aug 21st, 2018 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
wow, congrats Top of the Mountain! It might be the most dominant season, top total and ROI

Timeless

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #28 - Aug 22nd, 2018 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Congrats Sol, my game ended when Ant man bombed but even if I hadn't pick Ant man I still couldn't catch up anyway. Hope to stay in Top 3, but probably will fall to 5....

SolC9

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #29 - Aug 22nd, 2018 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
It's likely I'll finish at the top, but Chicago could make it interesting having both Crazy and Alpha, and getting a 4 day holiday with both in two weeks.  The difference between us is 62.44M.  We both have Meg so that one doesn't matter.  Only I have Slenderman, so that gives me about another 2M this weekend.  So a difference of 64.44Mish.  Chicago would have to make that up with CRA and Alpha over the next two weekends.  Tough, but not impossible with the holiday.  Alpha could make around 13M during that time.  So CRA would need around 51.44M in the next two weekends.  If it dropped 20% this weekend and had a 30% bump from the holiday, it would make 48.76M.  That's way too close for comfort given it's a WOM hit.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint