Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic 2016 TFF: Regrets (Read 2173 times)
Janazz

EZ1 Productions Fan

2016 TFF: Regrets
Sep 10th, 2016 at 10:44am
Print Post  
You have to take some gambles and make hard choices at the Telluride Film Festival. The films I most regret I didn't see were the remainder of the old films that the guest director screened, especially I was Nineteen and It Was the Month of May, which both cover the REd Army's invasion of Germany in WWII with the same location and characters. The former is a 1968 East German film and the latter a 1970 USSR film. I regret these the most because it is unlikely that I will ever have a chance to see them on a large screen again.

I also regret not seeing the latest Werner Hertzog doc Into the Inferno. It will be hard leaving Telluride without a dose of Hertzogian dialog. Funny though the man himself sat in front of me at no less than six movies.  I am sure I can catch this on TV, but Hertzog is so part and parcel of all my Telluride experiences, that I feel I a bit lost without this fix.

I also wonder if I will get an opportunity to see Toni Erdmann, a new film from Germany. The poor excuse of an arthouse in Phoenix is unlikely to carry something so offbeat. Will probably have to settle for DVD.  Same for California Typewriter and My Journey Through French Cinema

Other films that I missed like La La Land I clearly can catch at the multiplex, so no regrets there.

marley209

EZ1 Productions Fan

Re: 2016 TFF: Regrets
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 8:31am
Print Post  
Herzog could mesmerize me reading the phone book. I turned to Vanessa the other day and said "I want Werner Herzog to read me a story." Has he done "Go the crappity smack to Sleep"?

marley209

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2016 at 10:46am
Print Post  
OMG, I don't know if this is for real or not, but  Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgijPsNPbto

adam

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2016 at 3:46am
Print Post  
Hi Jana!

Janazz

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #4 - Sep 20th, 2016 at 9:14am
Print Post  
marley209 wrote on Sep 12th, 2016 at 10:46am:
OMG, I don't know if this is for real or not, but  Cheesy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgijPsNPbto

Wowsers....it's my new weapon against insomnia...

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint