Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Clues (Read 12562 times)
Keith

EZ1 Productions Fan

Re: Clues
Reply #15 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 11:56am
Print Post  
theBigE wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 4:36pm:
Boo to today's clue!  (1st I've missed all game.) 

Shape of Water is inspired somewhat by the original Universal monsters - Creature from the Black Lagoon AND Frankenstein - but no halo? 

Also - All the $ in the World has a huge new marketing push, with new Christopher Plummer scenes being promoted already, and no increase??    Angry

Just saw my first commercial last eve after the changes unfortunately.

adam

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #16 - Dec 1st, 2017 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Yeah I was thinking the same thing on shape of water. BTW, new clue, et Keith?

theBigE

Reply #17 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
Doesn't matter to me now.  I had to win last weekend's AND this weekend's showdowns, and get this week's clues, to have a chance to own Star Wars.  As of today I'm less than $10M away, but it looks like I'll lose this weekend's showdown (like I did last weekend) .

So I now own EVERYTHING that is left, except for Star Wars!  With $20M left over.  That's some crazy price differential.

The EZ1
Forum Administrator

Reply #18 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
I got Hostile on accident. I figured there would be a Welcome to the Jungle halo though since it was the topic of the first segment.

The Man Behind the Curtain
Keith

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #19 - Dec 15th, 2017 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
The EZ1 wrote on Dec 15th, 2017 at 12:06pm:
I got Hostile on accident. I figured there would be a Welcome to the Jungle halo though since it was the topic of the first segment.

D'oh!

burnitdown

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #20 - Dec 19th, 2017 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
theBigE wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 12:35pm:
Doesn't matter to me now.  I had to win last weekend's AND this weekend's showdowns, and get this week's clues, to have a chance to own Star Wars.  As of today I'm less than $10M away, but it looks like I'll lose this weekend's showdown (like I did last weekend) .

So I now own EVERYTHING that is left, except for Star Wars!  With $20M left over.  That's some crazy price differential.   

So, Big E, you were able to afford the big one after all haha Congrats, probably top 3

theBigE

Reply #21 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 6:01am
Print Post  
burnitdown wrote on Dec 19th, 2017 at 11:16pm:
theBigE wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 12:35pm:

So, Big E, you were able to afford the big one after all haha Congrats, probably top 3

Wink
I SQUEAKED it out.  Definitely my best game ever with spec! 

It's all I have left so I'm not going to win, but I'm hoping for top 3.  I hope everything else BOMBS this week!

theBigE

Reply #22 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 6:02am
Print Post  
And call me crazy - but I swore the last clue was the Best of Headbangers Ball on MTV, but now it's showing the Full House video.  Did I miss something or am I nuts?

Keith

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #23 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 9:51am
Print Post  
theBigE wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 6:02am:
And call me crazy - but I swore the last clue was the Best of Headbangers Ball on MTV, but now it's showing the Full House video.  Did I miss something or am I nuts? 

The ball was the Hostile clue that Eddie mentioned above - the Full House clip was yesterday's clue.

burnitdown

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #24 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Oooh, I was too scared to wait until Star Wars, but it made sense. I think 2.5 ROFP. 340 in spec first season, not bad for me. I didn't notice the clues until halfway, I was like how am I going to which ones are to increase? haha Can't believe I didn't get the Full House clue! I was thinking John Stamos or Olsens lol

And there's no point in betting on the weekend showdown this week, right? Since we won't get winnings until Tuesday and by then, no movies are left

theBigE

Reply #25 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
burnitdown wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 12:43pm:
Oooh, I was too scared to wait until Star Wars, but it made sense. I think 2.5 ROFP. 340 in spec first season, not bad for me. I didn't notice the clues until halfway, I was like how am I going to which ones are to increase? haha Can't believe I didn't get the Full House clue! I was thinking John Stamos or Olsens lol

And there's no point in betting on the weekend showdown this week, right? Since we won't get winnings until Tuesday and by then, no movies are left

Won't be a weekend showdown this week - last weekend of the competition.

I will say, if this is your first game, you're doing great.  Especially that darn Movieline!   Why don't you miss a few this week and give the rest of us a chance?  Grin

Keith

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #26 - Dec 20th, 2017 at 11:29pm
Print Post  
I'll post showdowns for the next few weeks. Yes, they won't help you buy anything new at this point but a lotta people have some cash left over so it's still a fun thing to play!

burnitdown

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #27 - Dec 21st, 2017 at 3:02am
Print Post  
theBigE wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 7:29pm:
burnitdown wrote on Dec 20th, 2017 at 12:43pm:

Won't be a weekend showdown this week - last weekend of the competition.

I will say, if this is your first game, you're doing great.  Especially that darn Movieline!   Why don't you miss a few this week and give the rest of us a chance?  Grin

Thanks BigE. Actually found the game because of you on FML. 2AM browsing ftw I'm surprised too how well I'm doing on movielines, beginner's luck?

Urghh.. I just found out The Post won't go wide until its fourth week. Why you do this to me? I'm scared it's going to have 9 theatres for 3 weeks like Call Me By Your Name Sad Now, I have overpriced Molly haha

Damn Keith, your clues drive me crazy! I thought I had The Post one; Madonna read that Neruda poem and someone buys a Madonna and child painting in All The Money in the World haha Now, I'm missing 0.25M for Downsizing, and have to settle for Father Figures
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2017 at 4:41pm by burnitdown »  

theBigE

Reply #28 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Well ... that didn't last long!  Thanks for crashing, Last Jedi!

Turns out I would have been better off to buy EVERYTHING from Dec 8th through the end of the game, and have 30M left over to spend, than to buy The Last Jedi.  I expected to make another $240M+ over the last 4 day weekends, only made $165M instead. 

Oh well, always the summer game.

magicdreamer

EZ1 Productions Fan

Reply #29 - Jan 3rd, 2018 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
The problem is that Disney made a movie that the critics loved but the fan base not so much.  Critics don't buy tickets, the fans do.  And most didn't want to see this story multiple times.  Multiple viewings by the fan base and WOM is what drives mega box office.  And this version of Star Wars had very little of both.  I expect the stand alones not to be affected by Last Jedi and do the same business as Rouge 1 but the big question is ... How badly did Disney destroy the franchise in regards to box office for Episode IX?  The direction they took the story definitely left money on the table for Last Jedi and most likely will hurt the box office potential for IX.

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint